Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cuticle Removal - Formula 10 VaRoom Review

Hello!

Today I wanted to share a product I found at Sally Beauty Supply - "Formula 10 VaRoom Lemon Brite Cuticle Remover & Nail Britener" (that's a lot of title!).  I am so guilty of going after my cuticles with the nippers  - and that may make them look good for a day or two, but it's not good on the regular.  So enter Varoom!


Not only does it help remove cuticle but it's also supposed to help whiten the nail.  Here's the official description: "Gently squeeze bottle and apply carefully loosen cuticle with applicator tip and cuticle pusher. Rub into nails and wait 3-5 minutes. Cream will brighten yellow nails and remove cuticle particles."  It's $5.99 (or $5.29 for Beauty Club Members).


It's easy to use - the tip makes it easy to get it where you need as does the accordion squeeze bottle.  My cuticles were in much better shape after use, but I don't know how much it whitened my nails.



So here are my 2 middle fingers - On the left I have used VaRoom! So you can see my cuticle looks much nicer (Can I also note it's wicked hard to take a picture of both your hands - I used the timer but STILL!) I don't see much of a brightening effect but I will say when I did my right hand I rubbed it into the nail bed a bit more and I think that might be the key. 

Overall I really like it!

What's your cuticle routine?

Jasmine

6 comments:

  1. I need to try this! My nails and cuticles are always a mess :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really easy and if I keep up with it I think I will end up with much "nicer" nails!

      Delete
  2. Packaging looks interesting. I try to use the cuticle remover once a week. It drives me nuts when I see patches of dry skin around my cuticles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It drives me nuts too! And then I pick at it and make it worse so I need to be regular about using something like this.

      Delete
  3. Erp, I'm totally guilty of nipping them away, which is why they always look so crappy. I should probably try something like this! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it! And it's a quick and easy remedy!

      Delete