Monday, February 27, 2012

Estee Lauder's Matte Perfecting Primer...is not quite perfect

Hello,

Yesterday I tried out Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer (they also have an illuminating primer).


Estee Lauder's website describes it as : "Discover the power of a primer with this targeted formula that controls oil and reduces shine so makeup looks smooth, even, flawless. Soft-vision optics minimize the look of pores and flaws to create an even canvas. Skin-calming Green Tea and Vitamin E rebalance and perfect. Oil-free."  The formula is light weight and I needed about a dime size to do my whole face.  It did leave my face softer and smoother. 

After Primer application

As you can see there's not a lot of difference in the before and after.  But I found it did make my foundation go on smoother and it definetly made it perform better throughout the day.  My forehead got a little oily, but I was running around all day doing laborious things so it was bound to be much worse with out the primer.  I would say this is a very good basic no frills primer for those who just want their makeup to last longer and keep the shine off.

With primer and Teint Miracle on
I still think for the money I would go with MAKE UP FOREVER's primer as it gives immeadiate shine control that is noticeable.  But it's nice to have options!
So next up Hard Candy's Primer,

Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment